|Saturday, February 22nd, 2020||Sky High Valley Ranches Ltd.||Whitehorse, YT|
|Wednesday December 5 2018 - Wednesday March 27, 2019|
Departs Wednesday & Saturdays
|Can $1260.00 + gst/Person|
Room in Whitehorse Can $125.00 + GST add.
|Max. 6 participants / Musher Guider|
Sky High Wilderness Ranch is your chance to get out and experience the beautiful wilderness that is the Yukon! There's no better way to ease the stresses of everyday than to switch off those mobile phones and soak in natures beauty. We have limited cell service, so put an 'out of office' reply on your emails and forward your phone to voicemail, you're going to spend sometime getting down and dirty with nature!
Our Ranch is located on the shores of Fish Lake and is surrounded by majestic mountains that are waiting to be explored by you behind your team of trusted huskies. We have a range of camps that we utilize throughout winter where you will be warmed by a cozy fire and use water hauled from creeks. This is the genuine Yukon Ranch experience, complete with rustic home cooked meals as well.
* Please note that dog sledding is comparable to cross country skiing and does require you to be in relatively good physical shape.
* All our tours are guided for your safety. Before commencing on any trip, we provide basic training on how to operate and ride a dogsled safely. We supply warm high-quality winter outer clothing and boots - if required. All our guides are fully certified, always travel with a SAT phone and a well stocked First Aid Kit on any dog sled tour.
* We do recommend that you arrive the day before your tour. Whether you arrive the day of your tour or days before don't worry we'll take care of you. All clients will be picked up at the airport upon arrival and taken to a hotel or straight to the ranch. Pre and Post nights can be booked for you upon request.
The morning on the day of your tour you will picked up at 10AM in the hotel lobby. As a group we will do some last minute shopping and pick up any items missing from the packing list. Afterwards we drive to the Sky High Wilderness Ranch, 20km South of Whitehorse where we outfit you with your expedition clothing. Enjoy a light lunch and then be introduced to your 4 legged companions for the duration of the tour. Now you learn the basics of; dog care, checking their feet and shoulders, dog massage, sledding and parts of the sled. Harness your team, hook up and go for your very first run! The trail on this day follows the shores of Fish Lake, climbs and heads into the coastal mountain range to the south. Enjoy the crisp freshness of the day and don't forget to take photos! Curl up at night by the woodstove for a cozy sleep in our wall tents. (L,D)
While the morning sun lifts slowly over the magnificent horizon, we say good morning to our new canine friends and ensure they are fed, watered and happy. Today we mush the historic trails surrounding the Wall Tent camp. The only sound will be the runners in the snow, the working dogs, and your words of encouragement. This is the day that you begin to know each dog's personality and form a bond that only man and dog can understand. With every stop, praise and show of affection for your dogs, they will learn to trust you and you to trust them. Mt Granger provides you with a spectacular backdrop for your day of exploring. Spend the night in our wall tent camp and go for a snowshoe while watching for the spectacular Aurora. (B,L,D)
Wake with the sun and greet the day with a hot cup of coffee and a hearty breakfast. On this last day of mushing breath deeply the fresh clean air and take in the rugged landscape one last time as you run your team back towards Sky High Wilderness Ranch. As you mush over the clean white snow, listen one last time to the quiet whoosh of the runners and the soft panting of the dogs. Keep those memories forever with some last photos of your return trip. Back at Sky High we will have a hot lunch. Pack your belongings and enjoy the drive winding down Fish Lake Rd. to Whitehorse for your last night in the Best Western Gold Rush Inn. Once we arrive in Whitehorse you will receive your musher diploma (B,L).
|Ξ Thermal Underwear- 2 long sleeve shirts and 2 pants|
|Ξ Fleece Pants and Sweater|
|Ξ Neck Warmer and Balaclava|
|Ξ Fleece Hat(Toque) or Fur hat|
|Ξ Thermal Socks - 4 pairs|
|Ξ Thin Fleece Gloves - 2 pairs|
|Ξ Head Lamp, with Lithium batteries|
|Ξ Goggles or Sunglasses|
|Ξ Camera, with Lithium batteries|
|Ξ Indoor shoes or slippers|
|Ξ Transfer from and to Whitehorse||Ξ Alcoholic beverages (we buy jointly before the tour)|
|Ξ Last night accommodation in Whitehorse (1 night double room)||Ξ Winter clothing rental of warm Northern Outfitters Jacket, Pants; $35/item, sleeping bag $45 each, mitts $20. Payable upon arrival in cash or credit card|
|Ξ Accommodation in cabins (2 nights double room)||Ξ " Meals in restaurants ( dinner day 4, breakfast day 5 )|
|Ξ All meals including non-alcoholic beverages, except dinner day 4, breakfast day 1, 5 in Whitehorse||Ξ All expenses of personal nature|
|Ξ Use of personal sled and 3 to 6 Huskies||Ξ Gratuity|
|Ξ Musher Diploma|
|Ξ Winter Boots included, all other equipment see right|
* We strongly advise that you purchase travel/cancellation insurance before traveling.
* This Dog sledding adventure is a challenging but relaxed fun trip! We supply you with the best equipment possible and teach you all the important aspects of mushing.
* To participate you must be healthy, enjoy working with dogs and have a good team spirit. Dog sledding is a comparable physical activity to cross-country skiing, so you should be in relatively good physical shape.
* The camps have no power or telephone, showers are of basic gravity fed nature and not available in tent camp. Shower and sauna at Lodge.
* We point out, that unforeseeable circumstances such as weather conditions, wind chill factor, extreme temperatures (-30 or lower), condition of the group or illness of the dogs may force us to change this itinerary. The safety of our guests takes precedence and our decisions are final.
* You will be required to sign a "release of claims and waiver of liability form" prior to the departure of this tour.
* Please read our Terms of Business page before booking