|Monday, December 16th, 2019||Sky High Valley Ranches Ltd.||Whitehorse, YT|
|December 1, 2018 - March 23, 2019|
|Can $2,343.00 + GST/Person|
Room in Whitehorse Can $119.00 + GST add.
|Min 2 persons Max. 6 participants / Musher Guide|
Sky High Valley Ranches Ltd in partnership with Up North Adventures is excited to offer this exciting tour filled with fun and adventure for the outdoor enthusiast who wants to experience the true north in both the traditional and modern way of transportation. Spend 3 days on snow machine (2 people per machine)some of the most spectacular landscapes the Yukon has to offer. Then step back in time and try your hand at the traditional transportation of the north at Sky High Wilderness Ranch. Spend your days mushing your own team (one person per dog sled) through the pristine wilderness of the Fish Lake area. Relax in the evenings with a shower, sauna or snuggled up by the fire recounting your day's adventure with others on your tour! We do everything we can to ensure that this is your adventure of a lifetime and that you go home with many happy memories of your visit to the Yukon.
Please note that dog sledding is comparable to cross country skiing and does require you to be in relatively good physical shape.
* All our tours are guided for your safety. Before commencing on any trip, we provide basic training on how to operate and ride a snowmobile/dogsled safely. Snow machine helmets are provided and we rent warm high-quality winter outer clothing and boots - if required. All our guides are fully certified, always travel with a SAT phone and a well stocked First Aid Kit on any snowmobile/dog sled tour.
* We do recommend that you arrive the day before your tour. Whether you arrive the day of your tour or days before don't worry we'll take care of you. All clients will be picked up by the free hotel shuttle at the airport upon arrival and taken to a hotel or straight to the ranch. Pre and Post nights can be booked for you upon request.
Day 1 Wednesday We'll meet you at your hotel at 9:00 am. After a preliminary gear check, we'll load up for the short drive to picturesque Fish Lake, located just south west of Whitehorse. Upon arrival move into your cozy room in the main lodge/cabin/yurt. Then head over to the yurt for lunch and orientation before heading out the trail Not quite dressed for a Yukon winter? No problem, we can assist with winter outerwear rental, so you can stay warm and comfortable throughout your stay. The balance of the day is spent exploring the trails in the area. A wonderful dinner awaits your return in the lodge and if you're lucky, a chance to see the Northern Lights, as they dance across the sky (L,D)
We Wake up in time for a hearty breakfast, served in the Main Lodge. At 10:00 am, meet your guide to start your morning snowmobile tour around Fish Lake. Return to the Yurt Basecamp for lunch. Spend the afternoon exploring a new trail before finishing in time for a Yukon style dinner in the lodge. The rest of the evening is yours to spend cozied up to a fire, relaxing, reading a book, or sharing stories about your day. Don't forget to look outside occasionally, perhaps the magical Aurora will make another appearance tonight? overnight at lodge (B,L,D).
Our final snowmobile day begins with breakfast in the Main Lodge. Be ready to ride by 10:00 am because we're spending our entire last day out on the trail! Are you feeling like a Yukoner yet? Now that you're a seasoned snowmobile operator, we'll explore some new terrain today as the group travels through the boreal forest and subalpine terrain. Make sure you've got your camera with you because the views are breathtaking! A hearty northern lunch will be served on the trail. At end of day head back to the lodge for a delicious dinner. (B,L,D)
Now experience traditional travel by dog sled! Enjoy a hot breakfast and then be introduced to your four legged companions for the tour.Now you learn the basics of; dog care, checking their feet and shoulders, dog massage, sledding and parts of the sled. Harness your team, hook up and go for your very first run! Take in the untouched beauty of the northern wilderness. Lunch on the trail. At the end of the day after taking care of the dogs, cleaning and feeding we can enjoy the sauna, have a shower, hot dinner and cozy up by the fire. (B,L,D)
While the morning sun lifts slowly over the magnificent horizon, we say good morning to our new canine friends and ensure they are fed, watered and happy. Then we sit in the comfort of our lodge dining room having breakfast and plan our day. Today we cover approx 35km in distance driving towards secluded Jackson Lake. The only sound will be the runners in the snow, the working dogs, and your words of encouragement. This is the day that you begin to know each dog's personality and form a bond that only man and dog can understand. With every stop, praise and show of affection for your dogs, they will learn to trust you and you to trust them. Relax in our sod roof sauna before retiring for the night. Overnight at Sky High Wilderness Ranch. (B,L,D)
Today your team will pull you east of the ranch. As we climb in elevation we are heading onto an old abandoned mining road on McIntyre Mountain. Enjoy the rugged landscape of the coastal mountains nestling Fish Lake in it's valley. Keep an eye out for wildlife - you never know what you might see! Return to Sky High lodge for the night. Take care of the dogs, then curl up by the fire or sit around the dinner table recounting your adventures with others. There is a gravity fed shower waiting for you in the main lodge. (B,L,D)
This day takes us towards beautiful Bonneville Lakes, west of the ranch. The trails are narrower here with some challenging ups and downs. The scenery is breathtaking and the coastal mountains are always in view to the south and west. Part of the trip we are above tree line and easily cover 20-30km. A breath of new life will creep slowly into your soul and in harmony with the running rhythm of your team you will enjoy nature like you have never experienced it before. Take it all in and these memories will go with you as you continue your journey home. In late afternoon we drive you to Whitehorse where you spend your last night at the Best Western Gold Rush Inn. Here you will receive your musher's diploma.(B,L)
|Ξ Thermal Underwear- 2 long sleeve shirts and 2 pants|
|Ξ Fleece Pants and Sweater|
|Ξ Neck Warmer and Balaclava|
|Ξ Fleece Hat(Toque) or Fur hat|
|Ξ Thermal Socks - 4 pairs|
|Ξ Thin Fleece Gloves - 2 pairs|
|Ξ Head Lamp, with Lithium batteries|
|Ξ Goggles or Sunglasses|
|Ξ Camera, with Lithium batteries|
|Ξ Indoor shoes or slippers|
|Ξ Transfer from and to Whitehorse||Ξ Alcoholic beverages (we buy jointly before the tour)|
|Ξ Last night accommodation in Best Western Gold Rush Inn (1 night double room)||Ξ Winter clothing rental of warm Northern Outfitters Jacket $35, Pants; $35/item, sleeping bag $45 each, mitts $20. Payable upon arrival in cash or credit card|
|Ξ Accommodation in cabins (6 nights double room)||Ξ Meals in restaurants (dinner day 7, breakfast day 1)|
|Ξ All meals including non-alcoholic beverages, except dinner day 7 breakfast day 1 in Whitehorse||Ξ All expenses of personal nature|
|Ξ Use of personal sled and 3 to 6 Huskies||Ξ Gratuities|
|Ξ Musher Diploma>|
|Ξ Winter Boots/snowmobile helmets included, all other equipment see right|
* We strongly advise that you purchase travel/cancellation insurance before traveling.
* This dog sledding/snowmachine adventure is a challenging but relaxed fun trip! We supply you with the best equipment possible and teach you all the important aspects of mushing.
* To participate you must be healthy, enjoy working with dogs and have a good team spirit. Dog sledding is a comparable physical activity to cross-country skiing, so you should be in relatively good physical shape.
* The camps have no power or telephone, showers are of basic gravity fed nature and not available in tent camp. Shower and sauna at Lodge.
* We point out, that unforeseeable circumstances such as weather conditions, wind chill factor, extreme temperatures (-30 or lower), condition of the group or illness of the dogs may force us to change this itinerary. The safety of our guests takes precedence and our decisions are final.
* You will be required to sign a "release of claims and waiver of liability form" prior to the departure of this tour.
* Please read our Terms of Business page before booking