- Spend a FULL DAY at the ranch learning the basic care of horses, all about the equipment and how to saddle up your horse to get ready for a stunning ride in the mountains.
- DEPARTURE TIMES | STARTS AT 9:00 AM, FINISH AT 4:00 PM
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL | MUST BE 12 YEARS OR OLDER, MINIMUM 2 GUESTS, MAXIMUM 5 GUESTS
We will start with an introduction to the round corral and learn how and why horses move a certain way.
You will learn the basics of riding to get ready for our 3 hours ride in the beautiful mountains surrounding Fish Lake.
After a nice morning at the ranch, we will share a lunch around the fire before leaving for the ride.
- Use of saddle, tack and helmet
- Your own personal horse for the duration of the tour
- Back-country experienced and certified guide leading you on the trails
NEED A RIDE?
We can provide round trip transfer for all of our tours for $35 +GST per person. Pick up are from any downtown hotel or hostel (time dependent on the tour you are doing). Or if you want to drive yourself, our Ranch is located approx. 30 minutes drive from downtown Whitehorse on the Fish Lake Road. We are at Km 16 and have a 30' sign by our driveway on the right hand side of the road.
WHAT TO BRING
Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants and a windbreaker or rain jacket. There will be plenty of photo opportunities so bring your camera!
Please note that riding helmets (provided) are to be worn at all times.
All our tours are guided for your safety. Before commencing on any activity, you will be given basic safety instruction and our fully certified guides always travel with an InReach Device and well stocked First Aid Kit. All riders must sign a waiver.
Please be aware that these trail rides are wilderness tours. The trails are animal trails and, although we do groom them slightly, they are not wide open pathways. You may be riding through mud, water, branches across the trails etc. We ride western style and our tours are about getting to the best view points and not about speed or showmanship.